What is Menopause?
Menopause is a normal change in a woman’s life when her period stops. That’s why some people call menopause “the change of life” or “the change. During menopause a woman’s body slowly produces less of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. This often happens between ages 45 and 55. A woman has reached menopause when she has not had a period for 12 months in a row.
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Blood vessels near the skin surface
- Rapid heart beat can cause the chills
- Maybe related to circulation
- Get less as time passes
- Menopause is an emotional roller coaster
- Feeling of sadness
- Difficulty concentrating
- Lack of motivation
- Sleep disturbance
- Women experience weight gain
- Difficulty maintaining their weight
- Weight usually accumulates around the abdomen rather than hips and thighs
- Weight becomes more difficult to loose and difficult to burn calories
How can you cope during this phase of your life?
- Educate yourself on what to expect
- What are some of your options to elevate symptoms
- Exercise for both your body and mental health
- Surround yourself with support family and friends
- Don’t smoke
- Avoid alcohol
- Alternative Bioidentical hormone, Black oschosh,5HTP
Remember menopause is a new beginning. Menopause is not a one size fits all event, it is a time to redefine yourself. Also know your health risks, Osteoporosis and low estrogen (which can cause heart disease).